Gifted children, also known as gifted and talented students or GT students, typically possess exceptional abilities and potential in one or more areas.
Even before IQ testing, there are characteristics of GT students which parents and current teachers can pick up on long before any formal testing is done. While many gifted children display these traits, not all GT children display every item on the list.
Gifted Child Traits
Intellectual Traits of A Gifted Child
- Acquires and retains information quickly
- Inquisitive attitude and intellectual curiosity
- Thinks critically and asks probing questions
- Unusual capacity for memory
- Creative and inventive; likes new ways of doing things
- Enjoys problem-solving and intellectual activity
- Asks probing questions
- Enjoys structure and organization or struggles with organization
Emotional Traits of Gifted & Talented Students
- Highly empathetic
- Tendency to develop intense interests
- Discrepancy between personal/social skills and intellectual skills
- Diverse interests and abilities; versatility
- Perfectionist tendencies
- Strong sense of humor
Academic Traits of Gifted Children
- Easily bored in a standard learning environment
- Learns quickly
- Creative problem-solver
Read More About Identifying Gifted Children
The term “gifted” gets thrown around a lot, especially in mom circles. Many parents believe their child is gifted, but is there actually an objective…
School is back in session after a summer of excitement and down-time. The alarm clock is sounding earlier these days! The struggle is REAL!!! It…
Want More Information About Rainard?
Fill out the form below and our admissions office will reach out to you to discuss your child's future at Rainard.
We've taken time to create a campus that will assist in educating the gifted child. From ample outdoor spaces to round tables in classrooms to our school chicken coop, every inch of our campus is used to help educated gifted children.